Porsche Cayenne (955, 957, 958.1, 958.2) Lowering Link Install Instructions
Thanks for purchasing our lowering links for the Porsche Cayenne (955, 957, 958.1, 958.2)
- Make sure your car is on a level surface.
- Measure your fender to wheel lip on all 4 corners and write down in a sheet of paper. Then measure what height you want the fender to lip to be and subtract that from each corner respectfully. The lowering links do about -50mm (roughly 2in) of drop any further and if you have adaptive cruise control you will need the headlights recalibrated to be able to not have any height sensor error codes.
- Set the car in the middle height mode.
- Go to car settings and put car in tire change mode.
- After all that is done shut your car down and lock it so all electronics are turned off.
- Crawl under your car and remove the oem links using a flat head screwdriver (harbour freight trim removal tool works extremely well). BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL NOT TO BEND THE ADJUSTMENT LEVER
- With the links off the front. Measure center of hole to center of hole and mark down the length on a piece of paper.
- Set the lowering links to length by resting them ontop of the oem links, and then make the adjustments based off the oem length. Front and rear links have to be lengthened to lower! Every one rotation of the end (1mm) will drop your car roughly 5mm (.2"). Do not do anymore than 9 total revolutions on the links. 9 rotations can be a hit or miss on headlight error codes. We did 7 Rotations and havent had any issues. (Some cars do allow more than the 7 rotations we recommend without errors, but thats entirely depending up on the cars factory coding)
MAKE SURE YOU USE THE JAM NUTS TO TIGHTEN EACH END BEFORE YOU INSTALL THEM ON THE CAR. ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO THE LINKS HAVE TO BE DONE OFF THE CAR TO PREVENT SENSOR BREAKING.
- Set the links at the correct height for both fronts that you want to drop the car.
- Remove wire lock to snap the links onto the balls.
- Snap your lowering links onto the balls.
- Lock the links on the ball by using the provided wire lock.
- Repeat the same step with the rears.
- After rears are done start the car up, turn off tire change mode change drive select to dynamic and wait while the car lowers itself (will cycle from front to back while it does this) and roll the car forward and backwards and check heights are correct. If adjustments needs to be made repeat the process for each respected corner.
- Go enjoy your lowered car!